Saturday, 20 October 2012
11 Ways to Stay Creative
Today, we asked a few of our peers around the studio how they stay creative and how they get their inspiration. So, here's what we came up with:
1. SLEEP: a good night sleep makes all the difference, honestly.
2. Sing: yep, sing it out! It's fun and it's free and it makes you feel a whole lot better when you're stressed.
3. Pick on your creative peers: a gentle jibe here and there can create a close bond with your peers, which makes for a great creative relationship.
4. Be sociable: you never know what inspiration you'll draw from a random conversation, even if it is just about the weather.
5. Read blogs: get up-to-date, find out what other people think about your interests and give yourself a chance to see things from a whole different perspective.
6. Read books: make time for reading. Words are a great source for using your imagination, create the scenes you read in your head and get inspired by what you see.
7. Indulge yourself in culture: whether it's food, drinks, books, going to museums, try something new and see where it takes you.
8. Be an explorer: just like Dora! Ok, Strawberry Mountain might not exist but there's so many amazing places you can explore. You never know what you might stumble upon.
9. Use pen and paper: go back to basics, a good old doodle never hurt anybody...before Macs were invented :)
10. Get out of the studio: we all need a break, get some air, even if it's just a walk to the coffee shop. Just stop staring at that screen!
11. Drink coffeeeeeeeee: do we really need to explain this one?